12 October 2012
1) Museum Programme Coordinator, Navy Museum, New Zealand, closes 19 October
2) Documentation Assistant, SS Great Britain Trust, closes 29 October
3) Collections Assistant, Vancouver Maritime Museum, closes 26 October
4) Outreach Coordinator, Long Island Sound Study, closes 31 October
5) One Year Mellon-Sawyer Postdoc in Marine Environmental History, UC Santa Barbara, closes 13 January
The University of California, Santa Barbara, invites applications for a one-year postdoctoral fellowship (2013-14) in marine environmental history, broadly conceived. Applicants should have interdisciplinary interests but may specialize in historical or political ecology or geography, cultural, contemporary, or environmental history, or the histories of science, art, or literature. The fellowship will be part of a temporary research center in marine environmental history funded through a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation’s John E. Sawyer seminar series, which supports collaborative and comparative scholarship on the “historical and cultural sources of contemporary developments.” The fellow will not teach courses, but will assist in the organization of public events, study groups, and symposia, as well as the production of publications related to the center’s activities.