1) Supervisor of Interpretation, Mystic Seaport Museum, closes 14 December
2) Curator of Visitor Experience, The Maritime Museum of British Columbia, closes 21 December
The program is to enhance and ensure visitor satisfaction, enjoyment, connection to the museum, and appreciation of BC’s maritime heritage.
3) Fellowship: Interpretation of Magnetic Signals for Underwater Archaeology, Instituto Nazionale di Geofisicia e Vulcanologia, three links to find out more about these opps.
4) Fellowship: Control Systems for a Low Magnetic AUV for use in Marine Archaeology
5) Archivist, Naval History and Heritage Command, closes 27 November
This position is located at the Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC), Washington Navy Yard, Washington, DC.
This position is located in the Archives Branch at the Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC).
URS seeking 4 temporary underwater/nautical archaeology positions. The Cultural Resources Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented (position title) for immediate employment in the Germantown, Maryland office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Underwater and Nautical Archaeology.
The PADI FOUNDATION encourages and supports underwater science, environmental projects, and education. The Foundation will fund and assist worthwhile projects that will enrich mankind’s understanding of the aquatic environment and encourage sensitivity to and protection of the delicate ecological balance of underwater life. The Foundation will also fund worthwhile projects to increase understanding of sport diving physics and physiology that will benefit the general diving public and add to the scientific understanding of man’s relationship and ability to survive in the underwater environment. The PADI Foundation is an IRC Section 501 (c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt organization. It is a separate and distinct organization, corporately unrelated to PADI, Inc. and its affiliates, but funded through International PADI, Inc..
In 2013, the Foundation expects to award a total of approximately $180,000 and will consider proposals with budgets up to $20,000 although the average for proposals will be on the order of $5,000 to $10,000. The Foundation will not fund overhead or other indirect expenses.
Apply no later than February 1, 2013.
1) Education Program Coordinator, Hong Kong Maritime Museum, closes November 9
2) Social Scientist (Head of Marine Policy and Governance Group), Scottish Association for Marine Science, closes November 23
3) Supervisory Museum Curator, Naval History and Heritage Command, closes November 7
4) Program Manager, Naval History and Heritage Command, closes November 5
5) Archivist, Naval History and Heritage Command, closes November 5
6) Librarian, Naval History and Heritage Command, closes November 5