17 May 2013
1) Curatorial Assistant, Cornwall National Maritime Museum, closes 31 May
2) USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial Park, is seeking applications for the position of Deputy Director.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will assist the Director and Assistant Executive Director in running the Park, which is dedicated to all branches of the United States Armed Forces.
Applicants should possess exceptionally strong human resource management traits and proven managerial experience for this hands-on position. Graduation from a four year college or university is strongly preferred, with an advanced degree very desirable. A proven track record in management, with a strong knowledge of America’s military heritage, will be beneficial.
Applicants should include, in their resume/vita, all training experience, skills, educational background, and other information which might be helpful in the selection process, including all military training. Please include your minimum salary requirements. Salary plus excellent benefits are included in the compensation package.
Applications should be mailed to Bill Tunnell, Executive Director, USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial Park, P.O. Box 65, Mobile, AL 36601-0065, with the word “APPLICATION” plainly marked on the envelope. Applications received after June 1 will not be considered.
3) Curator, Fishing Heritage Centre Alexdra Docks Grimsby, closes 31 May.
4) Chief Curator, New Bedford Whaling Museum, open until filled.
5) Executive Director, WHALE, New Bedford, closes 31 May.
6) Postdoc in Paleoclimatology/Paleoceanography, University of Bremen, apply today.
Candidates should be trained in marine geology, sedimentology and/or marine geochemistry and should have obtained a PhD in Earth Sciences.