10 March 2014
1) Director, Naval History and Heritage Command, closes 24 March
This position is in the Senior Executive Service, a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations. As an executive, you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.
The Naval History & Heritage Command (NHHC), located at the historic Washington Navy Yard, is an Echelon II command responsible for the preservation, analysis, and dissemination of U.S. naval history and heritage. The NHHC is composed of 42 facilities in 13 geographic locations including the Navy Department Library, 10 museums and 1 heritage center, USS Constitution repair facility and detachment, and historic ship ex-USS Nautilus.
2) Exhibits Specialist, National Navy Museum, closes 10 March
This position is located at the National Navy Museum, Naval History & Heritage Command (NHHC) in Washington, DC. The mission of the National Navy Museum is to collect, preserve, and interpret naval heritage, science, and operations for the benefit of the U.S. Navy and the people of the United States. The museum accomplishes its mission through programs of artifact collection, interpretation, education, and publication. The interpretation and display of artifacts are central to the mission of the museum.
3) Research Administrator, re-advertised, apply today
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a Risk Management Company in Bury St. Edmunds as a Research Administrator on a temp to perm basis with an immediate start.
The successful candidate will be assisting colleagues with researching on projects and carrying out statistical analysis.
* Maritime Archaeology/Geology degree or equivalent
* Previous experience within a research role is desirable but not essential
* An eye for detail and ability to complete projects and keep to deadlines
4) Co-Curator, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, open until filled