Interpret high resolution remotely sensed survey data, providing data for map generation, technical writing of data results and findings, and aiding Geologists and Geophysicists with project deliverables (maps, files, and reports) in support of client’s underwater engineering projects.
Must have a completed MA/MS degree or higher in Archaeology or Marine Archaeology, Maritime History, or Related degree
· Possess/demonstrate interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent writing skills, and organizational skills.
· Must possess minimum qualifications for BOEM acceptance to perform archaeological duties independently.
· Must be able to multitask and work as a team member in an office and aboard survey ships.
· A minimum of 5 years experience in marine geohazards site investigation, or 5 to 10 years of relevant full-time professional experience is required.
· Must meet all physical requirements for offshore certification.
· Must be able to travel offshore and secure passport/visas for travel.
This position is with our Operating Company Fugro GeoServices an offshore survey company specializing in marine geophysics and seafloor mapping services. With offices in Texas and Louisiana, we collect, process and interpret numerous data types to support resource development, construction and scientific projects.
Fugro offers a full benefits package.