Cultural Resources Intern
The purpose of the position is to provide administrative, clerical and field support to the Cultural Resource Division, an integrated Cultural Resource Program for Everglades and Dry Tortugas National Parks, including archeological resources, historic structures, cultural landscapes, ethnographic resources, historic resources and museum collections management for the five SFCMC parks [Everglades National Park (EVER), Dry Tortugas National Park (DRTO), Biscayne National Park (BISC), De Soto National Memorial (DESO) and Big Cypress National Preserve (BICY)], at the South Florida Collections Management Center (SFCMC).
The intern will be under the supervision of the Chief of Cultural Resources. It is expected that the intern:
- Compiles and submits program calendars and spreadsheets.
- Uses computer and appropriate software including Word, Excel, and Access for data collection, program scheduling, filing and documentation.
- Provides administrative support for Cultural Resource Division Staff such as filing, coping, and scanning.
- Assists with program needs as requested such as archival research, write-ups for social media and parks' websites.
- Assists with archaeological fieldwork and compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act projects as requested.
- Assist with archival collections, including primary text documents such as photographs, maps, audiovisual materials and textual records to conduct digitization, preservation housing, and assist with access of records.