FKNMS Research Coordinator
The Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Research Coordinator position with the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries is now available for applications.
The position is posted on USAJOBS. (see below for specific links for the MAP and DE posting). This announcement is open November 21 through Monday, December, 5, 2016.
Please share with interested parties and refer to the following job announcement numbers:
Job Announcement # (MAP): NOS-NMSP-2017-0003
Job Announcement # (DE): NOS-NMSP-2017-0004
The Sanctuary Research Coordinator is primarily responsible for enhancing the understanding of ecosystem processes of a national marine sanctuary. Duties include:
- Develop, implement, facilitate, conduct, and coordinate characterization, monitoring, and research projects and activities designed to meet the research goals of the sanctuary;
- Collaborate with federal and state agencies, non-government organizations, and the private sector to meet the characterization, monitoring and research goals of the sanctuary;
- Draft or evaluate grant proposals, research publications, or other research-related documents;
- Work with sanctuary education/outreach staff to ensure the public is informed about research/monitoring efforts and findings conducted by professional scientists in the sanctuary;
- Support sanctuary administrative and operational program elements including submitting and executing annual operating plans and assisting in reporting on management plan implementation;
- Collect and process marine-related field data; coordinate and manage access to data collected or managed by the sanctuary; and
- Plan and execute SCUBA operations to collect field data.