Data Exploitation Analyst (Underwater Archaeology)
The Data Exploitation Analyst participates in all phases of data collection, processing, and reporting at a customer site in Suitland/Camp Spring, MD. The primary responsibilities of this role are to acquire, analyze, compile, evaluate, and review data for use in standard products, non-standard products, and/or data holdings in support of mission requirements.
- Associate’s Degree in a technical or related field. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
- Background in GIS products (ESRI) and Side Look Sonars (SLS) processing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance is required. Must hold/acquire a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to pass and maintain a maritime physical. Must take maritime safety training IAW the US coast guard guidelines and meet physical, dental, and regional immunization requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Oceanography, Underwater Archeology, or related field.
- Experience with Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV), & Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and their support equipment.
- Experience with SLS systems, Doppler Sonars, Navigation & underwater cameras equipment.
- Knowledge of products like SonarWiz, Hypack and WinFrog.